Friends Member Initiative
The Friends of the Library once was a very active group of volunteers, who over time have moved onto other volunteer work. There has recently been a renewed interest in the Friends group here at the library. To make the Friends the active group they once were, they are currently seeking more dedicated and motivated members to be involved in supporting the library. With membership on the rise, there is hope to return to monthly meetings shortly.
What does it mean to be a friend?
- The Friends of the library is a group of volunteers dedicated to supporting their local library through fundraising, promotions, and special events
- The Friends sponsor bus trips, bake sales, and other activities to raise monies necessary for providing outstanding library services to the community
- As library volunteers, the Friends help plan special events sponsored by the library
- Friends members may purchase books through the library at the library's discounted costs
How do you become a friend?
- Individual Membership Dues are $6.00 per year
- Family Membership Dues are $10.00 per year
- Submit the application form found here with your check to the Hellertown Area Library
- The library staff may contact you if they need assistance from the friends